Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - spray chrome
Thread: spray chrome
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Thanks Jay, ihave been reading few goods several bads,cant paint underhood cannot exceed 150 degrees cannot be sumerged in water more than 2 hrs ,1 company wants buyers of kit to come to japan for training ,others send vodeo and a rep for training ,i have painted House Of Colors for years with great on( most ) had one candy pearl Tangerine i could not repair had to repaint ,luckly on a motorcycle ,i normaly paint it over gold or silver might have to continue until they get better systems ,i want to put candy brandywine over chrome i think it would look great ,nut not willing to sped 8k for system just to see if i like it
Since you like to experiment, this might be an option for a candy-like red color.
I recently did a Harley road bike in the 2010 Camaro Synergy green. It uses an unusually brilliant silver base, with a green tint coat on top. That green coat has a pearl mixed in, which MAY make the repairability more likely.

Possibly, you could experiment, and make a red top coat using candy red plus a pearl mixed in, that has a similar effect.

If not, maybe just trying some samples using that silver base... or comparison to the standard basecoat silvers. This silver might give your Brandywine give an even stronger candy-look than you usually get over metallic.

If you aren't familiar with the green, Google the color name for pictures of those Camaros. A few of the photos show the intensity it actually has in bright light.

Last edited by TucsonJay; 12-30-2012 at 08:32 AM.