Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Garage - Tools (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/garage-tools/)
-   -   Spray Gun (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/spray-gun-194239.html)

marchese_alexander 03-10-2011 09:30 PM

Spray Gun

Hi!!! Im new but have been trying to keep up with all the new info, so take it easy on me. :D Im trying to paint my wheels and a toyota corolla but im still in the lookout for my first spray gun. Here are what I have so far

Finishline 3 (13cfm)
TCPglobal kit (<8cfm)
Sharpe FX300 (9.5cfm)
Bink BHV (13cfm)

my compressor 9.1scfm @ 40psi BUT I can rent a better one (thats what im planning to do).

I dont know what makes one better than the other! Is it the cfm? More cfm required the better? PLease some advice on this guns and what other you guys recommend!!

Thanks!!

keith derby 03-16-2011 06:40 PM

spray gun

You don't necessarily need a spray gun to paint your wheels, you could use a high performance wheel coating from any parts store. But any spray gun will work too with the right paint and air pressure :D

Irelands child 03-16-2011 08:15 PM

I agree with using rattle can paint on non-fancy wheels.

I've used the FL3 and the Sharpe. Both work well tho you can buy 3 other tips for the FL3, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8 and 2.2 if my memory serves me(I might be off a .1 or so). Mine came with the 1.5 and I purchased the other 3 and use it for general work and primers.

If you really get into painting, then Iwata and SATA guns will be on your wish list - but do cost a significant amount (lots) more

Dave W

marchese_alexander 03-17-2011 07:16 AM

While I was waiting for a reply I contacted spraygunworld.com for few recommendations. Here is what they recommend for my current setup

Asturo WB
Euro Pro
Techline 3*
Sharpe lvlp

and from all of them he likes most the WB... Any thoughs?

HVAC Phil 04-01-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marchese_alexander
While I was waiting for a reply I contacted spraygunworld.com for few recommendations. Here is what they recommend for my current setup

Asturo WB
Euro Pro
Techline 3*
Sharpe lvlp

and from all of them he likes most the WB... Any thoughs?

The gun i use is an Iwata LPH400 copy. It is made by Warwick Industries. It is the Warwick 904h. It was recommended to me by a professional painter. Guns lays clear down smooth as silk. Only ran me $130. Tips, parts are easily available if needed. Even comes with a 2 year warranty. It's an LVLP, not an air hog either. Low overspray, just like the Iwata at 1/4 of the cost.

TubeTek 04-03-2011 06:49 PM

I prefer a detail gun over a full size gun for wheels and other similar stuff. I just find it easier to manipulate and get even coverage. Most of the detail guns use quite a bit less air than the full size guns too.

rdupree 04-03-2011 07:17 PM

I agree with TubeTalk. I use a Sharpe FX1000 for a little bit of everything. Small part finish painting, epoxy, 2K primers, etc. The Sharpe is available with a 1.4 tip which makes it a VERY handy gun for me, has less overspray than a big gun, and is quicker and easier to clean.