Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spray gun problem(long)
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 12:28 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Doesn't make any sense to me why a gun would spray fine vertically but not on the top panels. The only thing I can think of is possibly dry overspray is landing on the top panels, and it appears as it is spraying rough when you spray over it. Did you try reducing the primer at all with a slow reducer? A 1.8 still may be a little small for a real thick high build primer with no reduction.Top panels are usually larger, harder to reach and keep you gun parallel. I know you said its been rebuilt twice and cleaned, so I am discounting the possibility something could be bent or you have an airleak somewhere or there is a clog in the nozzle or cap, your vent hole is clean. Thats not saying whoever rebuilt it couldn't have missed something. Maybe they just threw in a gasket and seal kit. Double check you have a good gasket behind the fluid nozzle and its tight, you vent hole in the cap is clear. Did you try asking Sharpe at all. Maybe there may be something to watch for. They use to have a question and answer page on their site, but I don't believe it is running anymore.