Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spray gun selection
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Spray gun selection

I've been reading many entries regarding Iwata spray guns. The USA Forum is closed to new registration. I had an older Iwata LPH400. I used that to spray black one coat Urethane on a grand piano. The gun and lots of tools were stolen. It seems that the LPH400LV is one of the best choices for clear coats and for furniture waterborne. I've also read that the LPH400H is also good for clears and may give more options. After reading many forum post, it seems like the Supernova WS400 Silver 1.4 is a favorite. My compressor delivers 6.2cfm @90psi and I think the WS400 may require more air than that. I'm deciding between the SuperNova LS400 Silver cap 1.4 and the LS400H (Hybrid) Platinum cap 1.4. I've read that the Supernovas are preferred over the LPH400H. I assume that a good automotive gun can also be a good waterborne furniture gun. I plan to spray black auto finishes on pianos as well as an occasional car. Any suggestions are welcome.