Spray Gun World - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 07:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Spray Gun World

Ive read it time and time again, not to use SGW. I ignored them, I had to for the prices they had on my kit. So i ordered from them, after 3 weeks and threatening to cancel my order my kit finally shipped today. I cant really complain about it though it was a great price and free shipping, although im on the fence about ever using them again.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Last photo:

I bought a new Iwata a few months ago from them, took 2 weeks to arrive from day of order, slow but I wasn't in a hurry so the savings were worth it.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:29 PM

Last photo:

Well its been a month since i ordered and almost 2 weeks since i got my tracking number from USPS saying the package was on the way to them, but still no product
Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 AM

get there yet ??
Old 07-06-2008, 02:39 PM

Last photo:

Yes the package arrived Friday afternoon. The guns looks almost as thought they were used or mishandled, few minor scratches and a small bur on the cap where the fluid comes out, im hoping to spray it soon to decide if i will be returning it or not
Old 07-06-2008, 02:53 PM

Last photo:

Wow

I almost ordered a gun from them...In todays world those shipping times are ridiculous! I ended up going with a HF 43430 and couldn't be more pleased with the results!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:53 PM

Last photo:

I started out with binks gun several years ago spraying anything i could. Now im starting to get back into paint & body but i couldnt afford a big $$ gun, but didnt want some knockoff that was going to tear up in 2 months, so i bought the EVO auto dream kit from SGW after several referals for the gun
Old 07-07-2008, 05:16 PM

Last photo:

Almost

I almost got that gun myself, But I went to HF and spent like $40 for the 43430 and have to say If I never used it again it paid for itself...but the gun is in terrific shape and I have no idea how long it will last, but I am looking forward to doing my rocker panel this coming weekend and maybe hood...so at that point it will be $ in the bank...

I have mostly Craftsman tools and hated HF but I have had excellent luck with everything from there except compressors other than that the cheap sh1t seems to work pretty good and I am esp impressed with this spray gun...
Old 10-17-2009, 01:35 AM

I got mine

i got a phone call back and they suggested a gun to me the SGW4 CPR gun. It took a week for me to get it but it was worth the wait. This is one terrific gun. i like it beter than my new Sata Waterbase gun with a 1.25 tip set.
I think as long as you are not in a rush they have good guns.
Dee
Old 07-14-2010, 11:57 PM

Shipping Times seem good

I talked to someone at the company. They said they completely reorganized and now shipping times are good. He said the problems they had in 2009, have been corrected. I placed an order for a CAT spray gun and it arrived in five days. I like the gun - T3 CPR Version.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantheSprayer
I talked to someone at the company. They said they completely reorganized and now shipping times are good. He said the problems they had in 2009, have been corrected. I placed an order for a CAT spray gun and it arrived in five days. I like the gun - T3 CPR Version.
Hey which gun is that, the Tech gun?
Old 01-17-2011, 08:56 AM

sgw

Been reading your posts about spw. Just ordered a new gun set from them and noticed that the charges reflect a company named "industrial spray equipment" out of new mexico, which is supposely a division of "paint sprayers plus". Anyone dealt with either of these companies in the last 60 days or have info regarding there trustworthiness.

BB
Old 02-05-2011, 04:52 PM

followup on last comment

Got a little nervous about ordering from spw after seeing the post. after a few phone calls to related vendors and one that does the shipping for sgw, they all assured that everything was fine now. I got a call from mike , who is sgw and asked if I had any questions about the guns. I had not called him but he called me and spent a decent amount of time chatting about the equipment. Changed my order and recieved the guns in two days.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:14 PM

mine is not here yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadetreeBody
Ive read it time and time again, not to use SGW. I ignored them, I had to for the prices they had on my kit. So i ordered from them, after 3 weeks and threatening to cancel my order my kit finally shipped today. I cant really complain about it though it was a great price and free shipping, although im on the fence about ever using them again.
i ordered a gun from them over a week ago,they have no phone # but they took money out of my checking/debit card. on my online bank statement was a phone # . i called it and got a recording about a majic jack number they use.WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS THIS ? CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK ? the scare me,don't ever use them,money is too hard to come by to throw it away to someone hiding behind the internet
Old 03-03-2011, 07:24 AM

spg

I really don't think its a company at all just , certainly not a brick and mortar place. I had a number for them only after I traced it down throw some other vendors out of Alber, New mexico. By talking to the vendors I was able to get Mike's attention who is sgw. Another company actually does their shipping for them. I started with Industrial Spray Equipment and was able to track down another company that does sgw shipping out of New Mexico. Al the phone numbers are 515 area code but sgw is actually in calif. The WB gun I got was a great price and quick ship. I know others have had problems. I guess it depends how Mike feels that day on what service you get.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.