Hot Rod Forum banner

Spray Gun World

54K views 49 replies 29 participants last post by  bob547 
#1 ·
Ive read it time and time again, not to use SGW. I ignored them, I had to for the prices they had on my kit. So i ordered from them, after 3 weeks and threatening to cancel my order my kit finally shipped today. I cant really complain about it though it was a great price and free shipping, although im on the fence about ever using them again.

#27 ·
Spray gun worls a RIP OFF

Ordered a GFG 670 two weeks ago an still not here, got a email after asking for a tracking number that it would be here by Dec.12...Still not here. Called the number (I found by other means) an keep getting a stupid recorded message an no return calls.
Will call Credit card company an file a dispute... DO NOT do business with this guy if he was ligit he would answer Emails, have a posted phone number on his web site an if you can find his number answer the dam thing or return a call.

#28 ·
I saw the advertisement of Spray Gun world on the internet and visited there to look for a professional model of HVLP spray gun which I needed for a project I was doing. I was already half way through the project and was about to end it so I needed the spray gun quite urgently. However, I also wanted to get a cheaper price and I was very intimidated by the high prices i was told by retailers and other wholesalers on the internet. When I visited spray gun world, the low prices immediately caught my attention. The prices were the lowest among all the other distributors. I made up my mind to purchase my spray gun from spray gun world.

However, I was unsure about which spray gun to purchase since there seemed to be a long list of different guns from different brands available in their store. It was my first time buying a spray gun so I was really confused about it. The best thing I liked about Spray Gun World is their customer service. I simply asked them for advice, expecting a simple one liner in response. To cut down the prices, Spray Gun World uses an all email system in which all the queries are sent through emails and you receive the response through email only. They said they will answer in 24 hours and I didn’t really expect it within such a short time given the fact that they must receive many queries in a day due to the large amount of orders they take. Email system also meant that the email was replied by some expert who knew about spray guns and not some uninformed person in an Indian call center. Amazingly, I received the response in 24 hours and the reply included a very detailed advice about the gun I should choose for my particular project. They also recommended the brand. They also followed up with me and gave me more tips about using the spray gun. I finally decided to place my order as I was extremely happy with the service.

The price was very competitive and to cut down the price even more, there was an additional advantage that Spray Gun World was ready to ship the parcel through post office instead of UPS, which was very convenient and made it even cheaper, since UPS includes very high fees. I paid through my credit card and waited for the delivery of my parcel desperately as I needed it within 2 weeks maximum. I was surprised to receive the parcel in a week only. I didn’t expect it so early as I already knew how popular this online store was and how many orders they must be taking. I guessed there might be other orders that took longer than mine but I was happy nonetheless to receive it so early and for such a low price. The quality and the packing of the guns were also exceptional.

For my other upcoming projects, whenever I’ll need something, Spray Gun World will be my top preference. I highly recommend its service and its products to everyone! This is my experience with the company and I don't know why you had such experience.

#29 ·
Hi , has anyone actually never received their gun ? I'm from Australia and I ordered my gun 5 weeks ago and still nothing . I have emailed him 4 times asking for the tracking number and he says he is getting it . It doesn't take 2 weeks to get a tracking number , you get it when you post the item . I'm getting worried I will never see this gun and I just blew 400 bucks . I had been saving for six months to get this gun as I have a young family and don't earn a lot of money . He doesn't realise the people he is ripping of . Does anyone have any numbers I could call him on or any other suggestions on what I could do next . I have a feeling it has not even been posted or he would have given me a tracking number

#33 ·
Im sorry to hear your going through this. I know how you feel, we are a family of 4 where only my husband works, he wanted a spray gun from spray gun world for christmas this year (the first year we have ever bought each other presents) so I ordered it on the 14th of november. It has been all but a month and still no gun. I am hopeful as other people have said they have gotten theirs . Just way after they ordered it. Although you spent $400 and I only spent $170 I plan to talk to my credit card company if I do not get a response to my last email. I would be tweaking if I were you!! My advice, If you do not receive it soon or answers from them, talk to your bank, have the order canceled to get your money back, than save a little more and buy somewhere else :-(

#31 ·
Do not buy from spraygunworld.com .. they are nothing more then theives.. I've been waiting 4 months and still get nothing but lies.. they refuse to refund me .. their website is a scam .. I'll be going to small claims court to get my money back.. mike 'professor' Davis - thief!

#32 ·
Never again...that is my feeling regarding doing business with spray gun world. I too wish I would have been aware of all the problems other folks had encountered with them.

Mike phoned me after my initial order (seemed odd at the time) to up-sale me to another gun and to let me know that the gun I ordered had a 2 week lead time.
After changing my order to a nicer and pricier gun (that was 'in stock') it took another month or so to receive it, although shipping distance was only about 100 miles.

Every time I e-mailed, they had a new excuse as to why i had not received my order, which in the end I found was the ONLY thing they do well.
The gun I received was not in the original factory box, nor did it include the owners manual. The gun had what appeared to be water spots on it, as if it had been used and cleaned.

They still to this day, owe me a digital regulator, which of course I have already heard yet more (lame) excuses as to why.

I recently needed a trim gun, so I ordered one (same brand as the other) from another company on the net and received it in 2 days...in a factory box WITH an owners manual.

Bottom line, if you want to keep your sanity, DO NOT BUY FROM SPRAY GUN WORLD! :nono:, if you are a masochist an enjoy getting jerked around and don't need your gun for months, then Spray Gun World is the place.

#34 ·
you wouldnt happen to have that phone number he called you from would he? he emailed me to try to sell me "a better gun" after I ordered. I did not buy the "better" gun and have not heard anything since.. except after an email asking when my gun was to be here, they said dec. 6th it is now the 12th and still no gun. Almost a month after I ordered..

#36 ·
For anyone thinking of buying from spray gun world. I am finally expected to get my spray gun on fri. 14th, 1 month after I ordered, will find out then if it was worth the wait. To let you know, they are now shipping from Coating Atomization Technologies Llc in Broomfield, CO (at least thats where my tracking number tells me) I am not sure yet if I recommend them. I would say, do not expect your package immediately as appearently not getting it for a long time happens often :-/

#37 ·
the hubby just informed me that Coating Atomization Technologies Llc is the brand of the gun, so the maker of the gun is shipping mine... conforting... I did only get this the ups my choice delivery and only the day after threatening the bbb and talking to my credit card company.. good luck everything!!

#39 ·
Spray Gun World un to their old tricks

My experiences are the same as the others. Products ordered, Credit card billed, reciept sent. Then a long wait with no way to contact this company. If you are in the same boat as I am. Let people know, as many as you can.
Even the phone number on the credit card bill is not a way to contact these people. If you have just purchased from this company and ran across this post, dispute the charge ASAP. I hated that things turned out this way, all i wanted was a spray gun, instead I got introduced to the seedy underbelly of internet commerce. Buyer Beware:nono:

#40 ·
SprayGunWorld is a Scam,Mike, professor spray,AOM Spray,Asturo Spray

Hello,

Stay away from this guy, i was just ripped off by Mike Professor Spray with spraygunworld.com ! This man is a straight theif. I had ordered one Chinese gun, and just like the others have reported, he emails me claiming he doesn't have the gun, but could offer me an Italian made 3 year warranty gun for double the price and I took the hook !

I called AOM spray in NM Home - Asturo HVLP spray guns, Air assisted airless pumps, and more , and let them know I hadn't recieved my Aluminum Cup nor the 2nd spray setup. Asturo Low Air Spray Gun They informed me that they knew who mike of spraygunworld was, had his phone,gave me professor Mikes number, but said he's located in California, so give it some time before i call him. I research the number and find it's another NewMexico number? ...WTF ?

So, i know 100% for sure that at the least, AOM Spray,Asturo guns is aware of Mike the Professor at Spraygunworld are all one in the same scam, and probably worse, my expensive new gun is most likely a Chinese hunk of junk.

I had called,emailed and finally threatened to report this guy for being a theif, which I Did.

This man and his scams has been turned in to the New Mexico attorney generals office as well as the NY attorney general. New Mexico told me that they have many active complaints coming from spraygunworld, but just recently have begun to connect the dots with his other scams.

You are going down Mike Professor Spray!

PS: feel free to comment !
Thanks

#41 ·
Screwed by Spraygunworld.com

Wish I had found this thread two months ago! My story is the same as everyone else here. Placed an order more than two months ago for an Asturo mini kit. My credit card was charged right away. Kind of knew I'd been screwed when two weeks later nothing had shown up. Sent a number of e-mails and finally got an answer from Mike Davis stating "It typically takes 3-4 weeks to CA. You should have your item at the end of the month." I've had a number of parts and tools shipped to me from the US and it has never taken that long. Month-end came and went and after a lot more unanswered messages Mike sent this response "The hold up is your pps system they are due in this week. We have the guns. So one more week." That was three weeks ago, still no product, no refund that I have repeatedly asked for, no answer to any of my messages.

I've reported this to my credit card company, hoping I'll get a refund as I do have purchase insurance. Also sent a couple of notes to Asturo looking for a different retailer but they don't respond either. So I've ordered an Iwata LPH-80 from a vendor on the west coast I've dealt with before.

Moral of the story: either steer clear of Spraygunworld.com or just burn your money - at least you'll be able to enjoy the flames.

#42 ·
Update

So two more weeks have gone by, still no spray guns and no refund. Mike wouldn't respond to any of my e-mail until today when I got this:

"Your order is processed. Only the liner system we are waiting for. Will follow up with an ETA. The order is so old the computer wont allow us to refund anymore So will get in the mail."

Same excuse he gave five weeks ago but now the order is too old to issue a refund? That would be funny if it wasn't my $400. Also pretty sure the only reason I got a response is because I sent Asturo an email to let them know the level of customer service their reseller provides.

2 1/2 months and counting. Take my advice and steer clear of this one.

#44 ·
My credit card company investigated and didn't have any more success getting Spray Gun World to communicate than I did so they reversed the charge.

Coincidentally three days later my card was hit with over $4000 in fraudulent charges and I had to cancel the card.

It's all good now. Well, I still need a spray gun...

#45 ·
My credit card company investigated and didn't have any more success getting Spray Gun World to communicate than I did so they reversed the charge.

Coincidentally three days later my card was hit with over $4000 in fraudulent charges and I had to cancel the card.

It's all good now. Well, I still need a spray gun...
Oh my God... some people are disgusting. I almost bought a kit from him, because I was having trouble finding parts for the trusty Sharpe Platinum I have. He almost talked me into an Astro kit (not Asturo). Thank God a service kit popped up on E-Bay for $50 that same week LOL I thought it was expensive, but I love the Sharpe and that $50 ought to get me to the point Im either dead or they've outlawed painting at home all together.

Good Luck! And keep us posted.

#46 ·
Well,

I ordered a Finex Mini Gun Friday afternoon. Sunday morning I had an email from Mike with the offer to up sell me another gun (full sized, useless to me...). I responded with a kind thanks but no thanks and asked for a tracking number. 24 hours, no response. I sent another email Tuesday asking for an expected delivery date, nothing. I called 3 times and left 2 messages, nothing. I have since read all the kind things said about SprayGunWorld here and on ripoffreport.com. Tonight I sent my 3rd email cancelling my order and telling him do not attempt to charge my card, it will be reversed. The only up side is my card has not yet been charged. I own a wheel repair franchise, I can not afford to be screwed with. Oh, and my phone number is on my website and the craigslist ads I run, and my business cards and on the side of my trailer. Mike does have his number on his site, it is buried here: Turbine HVLP vs Compressor HVLP

Sorry I'm not a Hot-rodder but I hope this helps someone..

#47 ·
Good Lord!!!!! I started reading page one which was started in '08, now here it is 2013, and people are still following others.

frankgh.......it doesn't take a "Hot-rodder" to read and learn. It doesn't take someone with a 4.0 GPA to do a search on the internet about a business with the final word being "COMPLAINTS" at the end to turn up what has happened with everyone else.

I guess I don't understand why people read things AFTER THE FACT, then post about getting burnt in a thread where people got burnt.

In today's world, where internet sales make up a very large percentage of day to day transactions, and with a computers sitting right in front of people, why would one not take the time to research a little bit to make reasonably sure their money is going to be spent wisely and safely?

But instead, they jump on the first hooker they see that's selling sex for $10, then ***** when they get an STD.

#48 ·
I have ask Kevin, did you mean to sound so condescending? I'm buying a hundred dollar gun, not starting a new company so I'm sorry if my due diligents was not up to snuff. I did not post my experience here in a narcissistic need to cry about getting burned, after all, the only thing wasted was my time. I added to this forum so when others do a search about SGW and this site comes up they can see all these posts from 2008 to today and know the information is still relative. If your lack of understanding was genuine, then I hope this helps. If you did indeed intend to sound so boorish, then I have wasted even more time.

#49 ·
Sounds like middleman stuff

Wow, this sounds like a the guy is just a middleman or jobber not the real company, just a supplier. Especially since it seems things only get done quickly when he feels like it, or someone rides him a little. The magic-jack thing makes me a little weary. Well, I won't be getting one from there any time soon, I still love my old Binks model 7 too much, won't use anything else for topcoats or clear.

#50 ·
SprayGunWorld is a scam

Hi, Just signed up to this site, let me tell you how I got here.

i googled SprayGunWorld reviews, but it was too late, I had already ordered, thankgod for the online security at my bank.

I wanted to buy a spray gun and came across their site, I ordered a gun. About an hour later I was on a different web site and ordered some paint, my debit card was declined(card was already flagged by bank security at this point). I used my palpay account instead to pay for the paint and went to bed. Next day after work I stop for gas, my debit card still not working, pay cash. I get home and call bank, my debit card number was stolen from using SprayGunworld website. Who ever stole it tried using it four times after that. SprayGunWorld never answers the phone, never calls you back. Funny thing this guy Mike's emails always come at 4:30am eastern time, I emailed him telling what happened and you know what he sends back, another recommendation for a different spray gun. Go to their web site right now and click on the buy button, it takes you to a unsecured website with forms to enter all your info and credit/debit card info. There are complaints from hundreds of people. The guy even posted on this thread to keep his scam going, some of the other posts are fake, all made up by Mike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.