Spraying Clear Coat on Stock Paint - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 12:29 AM

Last journal entry: 1965 sunbeam Tiger
Wiki Edits: 0

insurance bugaboo

well, Pierce...the insurance companies are so big that they actually rule the world...they own all the banks and finance companies and control our financial world..example of insurance crap!!!!..you crash your car and take it to my shop...ok???...you are insured by....lets say Allstate....you have full coverage and have been paying for 10 years to this agency....so..you turn in your claim...you have managed to incur 5000.00 dollars in damage to your2007 corolla...even tho it was not your fault...you are going to be penalized cuz your car has decreased in value so much that it is totaled...now we all know that your Corolla was in tip top shape...doesnt matter...the insurance will only pay 80 percent of the value of your car...so you wioll get a check for4000.00 dollars and you will need to pay the difference of the second loian you took out when you refied the car...what now???? suddenly...your not in such "good hands anymore"...now on my end...lets just say your car had 2000.00 dollars in damage and it will be repaired at my shop...they will pay 1500.00 dollars(cuz you have a 500.00 dollar deductable)toward the repair...it will cost me 1800.00 dollars to fix it but a suppliment is out of the question because we cant border on total we need the business so we will do the job.... we have sacrificed quality of repair now cuz we are forced to cut corners to make a profit...is that really fair??? no its not but its the way of the world and we are powerless to change it...getting tougher all the time

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 12:33 AM

these figures are for example only and probably dont represent exact totals..I am merely making examples of supposition
Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by richowens
well, Pierce...the insurance companies are so big that they actually rule the world...they own all the banks and finance companies and control our financial world..example of insurance crap!!!!..you crash your car and take it to my shop...ok???...you are insured by....lets say Allstate....you have full coverage and have been paying for 10 years to this agency....so..you turn in your claim...you have managed to incur 5000.00 dollars in damage to your2007 corolla...even tho it was not your fault...you are going to be penalized cuz your car has decreased in value so much that it is totaled...now we all know that your Corolla was in tip top shape...doesnt matter...the insurance will only pay 80 percent of the value of your car...so you wioll get a check for4000.00 dollars and you will need to pay the difference of the second loian you took out when you refied the car...what now???? suddenly...your not in such "good hands anymore"...now on my end...lets just say your car had 2000.00 dollars in damage and it will be repaired at my shop...they will pay 1500.00 dollars(cuz you have a 500.00 dollar deductable)toward the repair...it will cost me 1800.00 dollars to fix it but a suppliment is out of the question because we cant border on total we need the business so we will do the job.... we have sacrificed quality of repair now cuz we are forced to cut corners to make a profit...is that really fair??? no its not but its the way of the world and we are powerless to change it...getting tougher all the time
So you wave the deductible?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM

many smaller shops do just to get the business..most that do fail and close within 6 months... in order to succeed as a small shop..you can only work a two man crew or step to a seven man crew according to statistics...in addition to being a clever marketer and providing more quality and service than others...I am semi retired now and very happy to be away from the " rat race"...i wasnt able to earn enough as a small business to gain financially and unfortunately..most places I worked carried no retirement, insurance or benefits of any kind....therefore...am retiring with no saviongs...my advice...find another field!!! LOLOLOL
Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 AM

Last photo:

Oh okay so you can only charge the insurance company $2000 when the damages are $5000 on paper? Then that makes it possible to actually loose money by taking in a job when you add up all the expenses? Causing you to use less expensive methods, making your product look bad, then depreciating the value of the product. If I got that right then maybe the insurance companies should of thought this part of the plan out. Kind of like how no one thought that mortgages and student loans would just increase the price of housing and education.

Do you know if there is more money in selling repaired smashed cars on websites like Kijiji? When I was working we were doing it paired with other jobs but I knew of shops around us that were doing it full time. One shop didn't even have a paint booth, they just drove the car to another shop when everything was finished. I thought that these guys were pumping out cars and I saw branded cars being sold fast even out of my shop. I mean it's not as simple as posting an ad on Kijiji and I could tell you what I mean in a PM if you wanted to sell a car a little faster.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.