Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - spring perches
Thread: spring perches
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 01:44 PM

Last journal entry: Rear End Disassembly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks guys. heres the deal:

I currently have an 8 1/4 rear end (which is very weak) with 2.7 gears. The driveshaft fell off after replacing the ujoints after 500 miles. The straps were still on, so I don't know what happened. I was thinking maybe the degree that the pumpkin was pointing at was too far down or something.

But now ive decided to upgrade to the more powerful 8 3/4 with 3.55 gears. It has been difficult to find this rear end for a 71 b body.

And I am in need of this rear end because well basically i love my car. And also i'm 18 and the chicks don't dig my 87 buick lesabre ive been driving around, if you know what i mean. SO I found another one for a 71 b body and one for a 65 b body.

The 71, may purchase, but its a litle out of my money range with shipping. The 65 is located near me, and is in my money range. Which is why I was hoping that I could fabricate the 65 to fit my car. But after hearing about the spring perches, I don't want to mess with that, I'll just have to deal with a little more money going in.

One thing: If i install this new rear housing, how do i know that my driveshaft won't fail again. Is there anyway to tell if the degree of the housing is correct?

So that's the deal, thanks anyways.

Last edited by 71gtx; 12-15-2003 at 05:33 PM.