Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spun bearing?
Thread: Spun bearing?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well guys thanks for the advice! I've been pretty sick to my stomach. I've got the motor almost ready to pull. I was going to finish pulling it on my off day and then pull the pan and see what's going on, but I really started thinking about the whole thing which got me more angry. Yes, there is a 1yr warranty on the motor and I'm at exactly 1yr and 2 months, but other than the 4hr dyno time (Per shop statement) I may have driven a total of 500 miles max in that time frame. Always using oil with zddp since It has a flat tappet cam in it. Really no reason for it to be doing what its doing. Im curious to know what has happened. I decided to call the shop that built it and he was pretty cool about it and told me to pay the shipping there and back and they would break it down to see what happened and if it was there fault they would take care of the expense, but if it was my fault they would do the labor for free, but I would have to pay for the parts. Thats pretty good!!! But lets see how it goes!! Oe thing I'm worried about is I can't investigate for my self because I don't want it to look like I tampered with it by breaking things loose. Clearly I've done nothing to cause this. t could be very easy for them to say I have. Sounds like a straight up guy, but I don't know. I'm not sure what it is, but it definitly sounds like its coming from the crank area using my "Mechanics Stethescope". Sound was louder toward the middle of the pan. Anyway, guess the decision on who's fault it is lies in his hands. Thanks again for the replies and next time I will build it myself. Less Stress. Father passed years ago and the last motor I built with him was 20yrs ago, so I figured I'd pay someone else. Over the past 2 days I went back looking at my fathers manuals and some of it started coming back pretty quick! Sure wish the old man was still here to help me with this one.