Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spun bearing?
Thread: Spun bearing?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
not blaming you but,if there is going to be a problem,its going to be right away most of the time.I hope the builder helps you out.I hope when you get it back in its home,you drive the car hard in the first few days.To make it easier on the builder and show good faith,you should offer to pay for an upgrade to a roller cam while it is apart.If its mild,use a hydraulic roller.Let him make a couple bucks on the cam and he will likely be ok with helping you out.
If its not to far,drive the engine down there and be there when they take it apart?Let him explain what happened while you are looking at it. a picture is worth a 1,000 words. example; if the oil pick up is sitting in the bottom of the pan,,,not a thing you did would cause that.It takes 15 minutes to take an engine apart,,,
That does make since that if there is going to be a problem it would be earlier on. I just can't think of anything I could have done. Not alot of drive time on it and rarely getting on it. Heck, its supposed to have all the goodies down bottom, so it really should'nt matter anyway, but I do understand what your saying. I do remember him being 2 months behind on my motor and him telling me he had a guy out and they were working to get it out soon. Sure hope everything was torqued right, but then again you would think like you said that it would have aready happen. Not sure!! Wish, I could go up there when they take it apart, but It is way to far to drive. Im going to have to get him to take pictures. I will take your advice on the roller camshaft. I should have done that from the get go!!