Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Squeezing a little more power out of my 454
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 06:44 AM
Big Block Bossa Nova

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks very much for all the great replies guys.

Larry,

I am not sure what kind of stock pistons were used in the motor, but they are stock.. here is a picture I was able to dig up of the motor on a stand, its kind of blurry but maybe it can be of use

I would be happy with mid-low 13's and 12's when I possibly hook the nitrous up to it. This is a car I try to drive 3-4 days a week when its running right, so I think that would be a pretty fast "semi-daily" driven car.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Keith,

Thanks very much for your reply as well. I probably wouldn't consider anything over 100 shot of nitrous, but it's good to know I can possibly go higher if I choose too. I can also totally relate to the lack of traction. I can't really get any traction trough most of first gear, stomping it from any roll in first. Im hoping th positive traction, a set of traction bars, and sticky tires will cure it.

Thanks a ton for the responses guys.

Here are a few more pictures:

Stock looking outside.

327 emblems on..heh.

and the 454 under the stock hood.

Please don't hate on the yellow Accel sticker.. LOL.. I just haven't gotten around to taking if off yet.

Thanks alot, again, guys.

Rob