Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Squeezing a little more power out of my 454
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-star
I'll give my take on it, you might not want to here it tho...

The rectangle port heads are a killer to any heavy street driver car... They just have such a large cross section in the intake runners they make the car lazy..... Then you have way to much cam for you static compression, this to will make a heavy car lazy.....
I'm with k-star, get yourself a good set of closed chamber Oval Port heads and an oval port Performer RPM and sell the rectangular ports and intake to someone building a high rpm drag motor. The closed chamber oval ports will bring your mixture velocity up and pring back some of your bottom end, don't worry the oval ports flow pretty decent clear up to 6500. Compression might be a problem so you might want to consider shaving a little off the heads to squeeze a little more out of it with that cam to get more bottom end back. On the other hand you may not want a lot more bottom end, I see traction being an issue.

Otherwise it looks good and I think you're looking at easy 13's if you can get it to hook..... and that's WITHOUT nitrous.