Originally Posted by old guy
If the motor runs for a short time and then stops it might be a good time to check the wiring that you did. A freind had an industrial fan(squirel type not large)that was wired wrong 208 volts instead of 115 or vise versa and it was the very last thing to check but vola it runs like a champ. This may not be your problem but don't rule it out as motors will run with strange voltages at times and not blow up or die??
I will check the wiring and see what happens. Thanks