Stall suggestions? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post Stall suggestions?

I just got a 700R4 (a rebuilt one), and I'm puting it in my S-10. Which is just a mild 350 right now, but when the new tranny goes in I'll be puting my newly acquired Vortech heads, intake and a better carb (750 Holley, I believe) I hate the Edelbrock that I bought last year. The engine builder says it'll make nearly 350Hp, I know pretty tame. Anyways what stall should I use. I want drivability, because I drive it daily during the summer, but want good performance as well. Oh yeah because I'll have over-drive now I'll be puting the 4:10's back in the truck instead of the crappy 3:08's its got now.

bonuts

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2003, 05:56 PM

with just a mild 350 a stock converter im sure would do the job. my motor is making around 400hp and i have a stock converter and it works fine. besides, what size cam do you have???im sure if its somewhere around a 290duration than you might wanna get about a 2000 stall converter. hopefully im right on this info......later
Old 02-13-2003, 05:57 PM

Last photo:

see other post, i have a 406 in a S-10, 373 gear, lots of goodies in the motor, but the truck has to be usable every day, because of the cam (230-505)i went to the 2400-2800 convertor with lockup, with a milder cam i would have gone for about 2000-2200
Old 02-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

A 2500ish 11 inch converter will give the motor a little slack, but not be too loose to drive every day.

Chris
Old 02-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

I'm not much of a cam #'s kinda guy. Its lumpy enough that at idle I have nearly no brakes. Until my dad added a Vacuum booster deal, I don't know how they work, but I got brakes now. I was leaning towards 2200-2400 stall. Thanks for the help.

BOBCRMAN, how does that 406 do for heat. Mine originally had a Real nice 400, but the temp guage would spike after sitting for more than 10 minutes at an idle. I've got two 12" (I think) scirroco fans, and a 4 core high efficiency rad (not alluminum), I had to swap that motor out cause it just got to damn hot. I was thinking if I removed the inner fenders, or put a hood scoop on the truck the air would have somewhere to go. What do you do?

bonuts
Old 02-19-2003, 08:07 PM
72 Chevy Cheyenne

Last photo:

I'm at 400HP with my 350 and I use a 3000 stall converter, it's my daily driver and it's fine.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.