Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Standard 3 speed with overdrive
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Footstomper

Last journal entry: 40 ford/cadillac coupe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Standard 3 speed with overdrive

I have a 1951 flathead with a matching overdrive. I plan to my unrestored 40 coupe. I remember driving to get to 80 mph, it still runs. I would like to be able to cruise on interstates. How much miles hour gallon for a stock 1951.
I have another muncie with a adapter from cornhusky aluminum. It runs very good. I used it behind a 305 chevy, great.
I have the T-85 overdrive from a 58 to 66 F-100, 352 to 390. I tried it on my other 40 ford coupe using BOPC bellhousing. It would work on the GM, but the spline in front needed shorted and I did not wanted not cut. Others said the T-85 could mess up with a 500 cadillac. Now I am to use the TH400.
I also have a 1955 3 speed with overdrive, someone must might backward in overdrive. I know just a few small parts, I had to grind 3 tooth on 1st gear.
The barrel with the 12 rollers fell out and some slight damage to file it around or just try it as is. Would it be great with the pob bellhousing? I would not like to lose my leg, I like footstomper!