Hot Rod Forum banner

Started a frame on Corvette restoration.

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  lincoln9 
#1 ·
Just started a 76' Vette for a complete strip of paint and new interior. Here is some pics. If anybody is interested in a project like this?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
be sure to check the birdcage and the rocker channels guys,I thought mine was fine untill i investigated them...they are the structure of the car.
I had no rot on the birdcage, but by the vin was rusted through

but the rockers were GONE!!

heres my resto...

good luck guys!!

#8 · (Edited)
Rightytighty said:
What kind of filler are you using there on the fender?????
I don't know, it's from the previous paint job.
It's solid and pretty thin, just a glaze coat so I'm leaving it.

For real repairs I use glass mat and a combo of long strand and short strand filler. Mat for structure, Long strand for deep holes, short for shallow holes, and finally glaze for smoothness.

I finished removing the paint this weekend and all the bodywork is done.
So I'm going to start spraying epoxy first chance I get. :D
Business keeps me busy though.

Feels good to be on the return road.

Do you guys ever hang out on Corvette Forum?

Keith

#11 ·
My car doesn't have all that rust on windshield pillar, thank god. Rockers look good the only rust I'm dealing with is a small hole on the drivers side. The real problem here is there is three paint jobs on it and they aren't coming off quick. It took me 12 hours to strip the hood down to the SMC this weekend using a DA, I razor bladed the first Mohogany coat right off but the other two wouldn't go. I just ordered Por-strip from Por-15 the told me it is SMC and fiberglass safe, I sure hope it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.