Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starter Whine..Sometimes Nothin'
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 09:32 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Starter Whine..Sometimes Nothin'

Okay here we go again...still trying to figure out some things here. Recap - 1991 Camaro RS v6 to v8 swap, either having wiring issues still, or who knows I could be in a heap of troubles here. Now keep in my my steering column knuckles have been loose since i bought the car, and before the swap if I were to knee the steering-wheel on accident I have had it jug out and die on me. Where other times if I moved it getting out of the car, it would not start for a few days (no craking at all).

Well now after the swap after I first wired the starter, all I would get is a whining noise, no engaging with the flywheel at all. Now I get nothing what-so-ever. I have dropped the column down and have been trying to see if the rod for the ignition switch is even getting pushed, it is, however im not sure if there is a specific point that if it is pushed to far or not enough if that has anything to do with it at all.

I have jumped the solenoid with a wire going from the + side of the battery, and still there is no engaging just the whine. So could I be facing a gaggle of fraggles here? More than just one problem? Or am I just still trying to figure out my newb issues? Thanks in advance for the help, everyone has been awesome