Starter wire got extremely hot fried the ground wire
Hi guys I have an s10 with a sbc. Just went to start truck and it fired but saw and smelled something under hood.. One of the wires or all of the wires (idk) got extremely hot and melted the plastic wire loom tubing. I also the in a glance the ground wire from the battery to the body smoking and it obviously fried that because the radio was starting to fade. I do know that I was concerned about replacing the ground before because it smoked a little on occasion but do you think it just couldnt handle the current from being wore out already and the starter wire got extremely hot? or is my starter going bad?? Remember its the ground from the battery to the body not the thick negative terminal itself..