Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starter woes Again
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 12:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy Starter woes Again

I purchased another Delco mini starter and put on last nite. My other post "no power" explained my problem. Now the problem is the stater gear comes out and stays frozen to flywheel or flexplate and than everything goes dead again like before,no power, to anything. I think I've read every link Dutchmen supplied in a post and thanks Dutch its a valuable link. When I loosen the 2 starter bolts and wigle the starter gear retracts ok. This is identical starter I had before and never required shimming. When I take the starter off and hook up a booster battery with booster cables(batteries disconnected in trunk) + to ford remote solenoid and ground I get all electrics back. This has got me baffled and I'm ready to....the sob. I can wire a house and no prblems, but auto wiring I'm useless. Any help or solutions greatly appreaciated!
-grounds are all good, the same with all connections
-remote ford solenoid appears to be ok.
-no burn't wires anywhere
-horn relay wires cleaned and reconnected
-battery fully charged
- hidden kill switch ok, no blown fuse
-starter button ok,(don't need key)no blown fuse.
-cannot find any fusible links but think if there are any they may be ok as I can get back electrics
-the wires from starter to ford remote starter are good