Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starter woes Again
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 07:34 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy

Thanks again Doc.
I bypassed the remote solenoid and the results are the same. The starter gear meshs with the flywheel and than just freezes there(stays out) and won't roll it over and everything goes dead. If I leave the booster cables on they begin to get really hot as I guess the starter is still being energized. This starter has the number of teeth as the other one which worked OK for almost 2 years. All grounds are good. Main ground to engine block, block to frame,and these are with heavy cables. There is also 2 braided copper wires from each head to firewall. I even installed a separate ground wire on the remote solenoid which is bolted to the firewall. I'm going to pull a few plugs and roll it over by hand again to make sure nothing is seized, and maybe try shimming the starter away from the flexplate. What do you think, and more suggestions are really welcome from you and anyone else. I'm completely baffled! Summer will be over here soon, and would love to get her going to enjoy whats left.
TOM