Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starter woes Again
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 05:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy

Hi Doc,
I can roll it over by the crank pulley, and the flexplate after I took out the 4 easiest plugs. I even exchanged the new starter for another and it engages and just freezes in the flexplate. I've tried shimming, still the same. The only difference now is that the electrics (dome light ,etc.) stay on and the cables don't get hot but the starter gear still stays engaged with the flexplate. This happens when I jump the "s" terminal with the B+ terminal on the starter solenoid, and also using the start push button inside the car. This is also the same with the remote solenoid connected and than bypassed, it still makes no difference. Battery, cables, grounds everything is up to snuff. I cannot figure this one out and like I said in my original post it was cranking over fine and than just nothing, no click, nothing as if there wasn't a battery in it. I just don't know what the hell to do!and believe me it is so frustrating, I get so mad I just have to walk away from it for a while. Someone has to have the answer I hope. Thanks again,
Tom