Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starter woes Again
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 05:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Arrow

Heres the latest I've tried and emails and PM's I sent to different members:
Thanks for the email. I have bypassed everything and still no luck. I disconnected everything from starter and ford remote solenoid. I connected directly to the starter using a fully charged good battery and booster cables. Positive from battery to B+ on starter solenoid and negative from battery to one of the starter bolts for a ground. I then jumped the B+ with the "S" terminal on starter solenoid. Gear came out and froze and then just clicks. I have tried shimming but to no avail. I have marked the flywheel and can rotate engine by hand even with the plugs in all the way around till I see my mark. I have tried engaging the starter at different positions on the flywheel but still the same.It is a little easier after I removed 4 plugs. To-morrow,time permitting I am going to take out all the plugs and try bumping the starter the same way described above.I havn't tried to engage the starter with any of the plugs out. I hope nothing internal is the problem.Thanks again, and if you come across any more ideas or suggestions greatly appreaciated. Docvette suggested checking crankcase end play..how do you do that without tearing it down?
Tom