Hot Rod Forum banner

starting

789 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  docvette 
#1 ·
I have a 55 chevy. Some times it starts sometimes it does not. When I turn the key all the accessories come on and I can hear the relays working when I turn to start but the starter does not click or engage. It was normally doing it when hot so I replaced the starter. I had the battery checked and it is ok "more than fine". I have a neutral safety switch but it is getting power on both sides when I crank. Some times if I turn the key a few times it works but some times not. The thing is it seams to work every time I get a jump. It would not work this morning then I trickle charged it less than five minuets and it worked, I think it was a coincidence. Do you think it is the battery or ignition switch.

#5 ·
test

I think I will take the battery for a load test later at autozone. Not looking forward to they always have to look something up in computer and are stupefied a 55 chevy is not in their, give up and look at me like im stupid.
The place I got the battery hooked it to some hand held think. The printout has good battery 12.56v 1031cca. The cc is odd it is only a 800cca. What do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.