starting 49 chevy truck project lots of pics - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 09:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

starting 49 chevy truck project lots of pics

The truck is really solid just picked it up. This afternoon I started tearing apart the 80 Camaro to put in place of the front straight axle. finished the Camaro in about 5 hrs still need to take the column and brake booster out but pretty much finished with it. Next will be cutting the 49's frame to merry the Camaro unibody.

(pics will continue to the next post..had too many)

Link to previous post

Advertisement

Last edited by Blankenship; 09-06-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2009, 09:08 PM

Last photo:

Old 09-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Looking very good,,Your off to a good start...I see your rear end is on top of the spring,,That's a plus....Just a idea... I would pull all but four leaf's out the back...Starting from the bottom... You won't need all of them...Four would be good enough...that's how I usually set mine up...Just trying to help,,,It's your truck,,,,And you have to like it...Just a idea...
Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 AM

Last photo:

Hey New,

I tried to PM you but you thing is full. Why only do 4 springs? ride better? I have the Camaro frame close to going in but had to come back to Fort Worth today. If you have any detailed pics of this part I would appreciate it. PM me with your e-mail. I would like to see everyones detailed pics so I can see where and how to weld this thing.

Mark
Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Hope you have some experience on these front ends into your model pickup or have some Buds that have done it successfully. There have been more of mods a big failure than a success. A good one is a neat ride so good luck on your endeavor. I don't know all the ins and outs of a good conversion, but there are many on this board that do.

Trees
Old 09-07-2009, 08:26 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankenship
Hey New,

I tried to PM you but you thing is full. Why only do 4 springs? ride better? I have the Camaro frame close to going in but had to come back to Fort Worth today. If you have any detailed pics of this part I would appreciate it. PM me with your e-mail. I would like to see everyones detailed pics so I can see where and how to weld this thing.

Mark
I found that four springs is good enough..You don't want to remove two many,It's a good starting point..I think you will be happy with that..And the truck will sit down a little more in the back..

Mark you can try to send the PM now.... First thing,,Cut the body mounts off the side of the Camaro clip,,And clean it up... Then work off the center line of both axle's,,You will won't the tie in right in front of the fire wall... The camaro clip will be getting cut right behind the body mount on the Camaro clip...Before you cut anything,, Take a measurement of the wheel base...You need to keep this measurement.... You don't need the front cap on the truck,(It makes the job much easier..)If you have the wheel base measurement, By keeping the same wheel base,, the wheel will be right in the wheel well...I'm not sure which way you will be clipping it...The way I do it,,, Are will you be welding it under the frame.. I don't have any step by step picture's, But I will help the best I can... If you need to call me.. Just let me know.. Either way you go,, good luck,, remember you will have to like it..

Also remember you can set your ride height,, when you weld in your clip by zeeing the frame in the back,, if I remember right,,, If you tie in the two frame's where the top of both of them are even,, the ride height will be like factory like the truck was.. from the factory..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 09-07-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:32 PM

Last photo:

Not to worry guys I will do all my piecing together once I have finished my research. I had to hold off on doing anymore to the project I got laid off from my job so I will need to take care of that first. No worries I will get back to it soon.

Mark
Old 09-10-2009, 07:52 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankenship
Not to worry guys I will do all my piecing together once I have finished my research. I had to hold off on doing anymore to the project I got laid off from my job so I will need to take care of that first. No worries I will get back to it soon.

Mark

Sorry to hear that Mark... Just keep your head high... When one door closes,,another one opens... And remember car's are like wine.. they will only get better later...Good things come to those that wait the longest.. Good luck..

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.