Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starting body work- help requested!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosbybart View Post
Thanks for the advice so far all. I haven't been working on the body a whole lot but am still sanding away on panels.

Another question: I plan to paint this thing a stock color. Atomic orange as found on the 07-08 Corvettes. In the past I've used Omni or Nason. I don't really need a high dollar finish. Yeah, I know that you guys do things the right way here, but any advice as to what to get for materials? I'd like to be in it for about $200 for base and clear. Not sure if that is even possible nowadays. It has been a while since buying paint.
If you want the best look at the cheapest cost Omini will be fine or omini plus is even better about 40.oo a qt if you prefer Nason over Omini go with that it really wont matter...I use all three for budget work it just depends on the price..Or you can use the cheap base for the first two coats to do all the filling and coloring and use some good base like chroma base or PPGs global for the actual color and metalics ,just two fog coats should do.One thing I dont do is use any of those cheap clears ,Ive used plenty of them in the past and for just about the same price you can get one of SPI's clears and the difference is shocking....Something else I do although I dont recomend it is I use SPI (high quality) reducer in my cheaper bases,I get better results...