Hot Rod Forum banner

Starting the build, 333ci chev, 195 cc jegs heads

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  1971BB427 
#1 ·
Finally got my heads. block is a 327, 40 over, small journal.

I decided to go with the 195cc intake port heads, I am building the engine for more hp rather than high tq. I am limited on tire (245mm max rear, street tires firehawk wide oval indy 500 tires for now in 16" x 8.25" wide rim), and the car will be at about 2700 max in race weight. I only way 150 pounds on average. I only want as much tq it takes to get the car moving.

Will update more as soon as I get the heads to my guy.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Posted images of jegs heads- I looked all over the internet these are the first decent pictures. I figure that hotrodders would benefit of these pictures and I will be posting information about the heads once I get them to my head guy, ie flow bench numbers that are not bias etc.

Also this is a start of the actual build thread for my race motor. If this is the wrong section I apologize.

#5 ·
blight said:
Posted images of jegs heads- I looked all over the internet these are the first decent pictures. I figure that hotrodders would benefit of these pictures and I will be posting information about the heads once I get them to my head guy, ie flow bench numbers that are not bias etc.

Also this is a start of the actual build thread for my race motor. If this is the wrong section I apologize.
Recommend you start a journal, and leave the forums for questions, it's free.

#7 ·
Flow numbers would be great in the engine section, but I agree that I'd like to see the whole thing in a project/build thread so I can watch it progress.
So far your build sounds much like what I put together for my Austin gasser engine, and it would be neat to see where you go with it. I built a late model large journal 327 bored .040" with Trick Flow 2.02/1.60, 195cc heads, and roller 1.6 rockers on a flat tappet cam.
Looking forward to seeing your number and project thread!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.