Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starting My Interior: Leather (no vinyl)
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Acoustic Rock ... for real.

Last journal entry: About Fusible Links
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Starting My Interior: Leather (no vinyl)

I've finally started working on my interior which is going to be done in leather ... and recently bought a moose hide, some high-temp glue and some other things ...
See Here

Then, last week, I won this great old Singer sewing machine on eBay, to do all the sewing needed to fabricate my headliner, seats, kick panels, etc., etc. -- I just got it today and it's a real hum-dinger!
See Here

My first project was to finish up the radio faceplate idea I had, which houses a nice looking '55 radio/cassette player ... and also, along with the radio faceplate, I made another faceplate to hold a '55 Buick clock I wanted to put in my truck. Both of these projects are finished, except for mounting the clock faceplate under the dash and installing the switches:
See Here

And I also started working on my steering wheel. It's a '75 Caddy, tilt/tele, that I always thought of scrapping ... until I covered the horn-plate with this hide of a Scandanavian moose (no ... it wasn't Bullwinkle)! I'm going to cover the entire steering wheel, but here's the horn section - and, man, am I excited!
See Here