Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starting a rebuild, Serious Question.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 12:00 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Starting a rebuild, Serious Question.

I big thing right now is... do I pull the body and do an off frame rebuild? or do I leave it on and do an on frame rebuild, I am drawn toward off frame rebuild, and I flipped a quarter and it said off frame as well, lol. Keep in mind this will be my first off frame rebuild, working with me I have 4 friends all specialized in something, Otis is great with body work, Spencer is a motor guru, and J is an electrical genius, Me? well, I'm good at standing there and picking the colors, JK, I have been painting cars for 8 years. Not to mention I have a pretty good understanding of everything else mentioned... My question is, with this team is this possible? ( I think it is) but what snags should I look forward to in a truck of this year. Its a 1947 Chevy PU... I have seen broken frames, under body rust, etc... but what are the most common issues? I also feel inclined to mention it runs and drives.

I also was thinking of just a body break down, leaving the Motor and transmission on the frame, And work like that, sure sounds better then removing all the A arms and break assembly..

Speak up!