Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - static problems I think
View Single Post
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
MARTINSR MARTINSR is online now
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,131
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,301
Thanked 1,143 Times in 1,011 Posts
Water is one killer of static electricity. A water borne wax and grease remover may be all you need. Every company has them. PPG, DuPont, go get your self some and give it a try. The static electricity is caused by the "rubbing" of most anything on the surface. This include air, so blowing air and tacking excessivly will only make matters worse. Use a quality waterborne wax and grease remover as a final wipe will help a lot.

Brian
Reply With Quote