Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Steel Building Insulation Help
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:42 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Metal Building Insulation

For anyone that finds this thread looking for insulation info... if you live in a humid climate like I do, steel buildings sweat/condensation and mold can be a problem when it gets in between fiberglass insulation. The best insulation for a metal buiding is closed cell spray on foam. It sprays on and seals water tight and forms a barier so condensation can't get through. It's expensive, I've been doing a lot of looking around for DIY spray on foam kits for my steel building... and for 2000 sq ft area it looks like it could cost me about $3000... But I've gone this far with my "dream shop" and after waiting till I retired for a nice shop, I'm going to do it right. Closed cell foam actually works better than the fiberglass batting.
NOTE: Open cell spray on foam won't work, it won't seal out the moisture and you will end up with a big mess and a big waste of money. Just my 2 cents... for what it's worth.