Hot Rod Forum banner

Steering rod angle question (PIC) 1927 Ford Roadster

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jetskibob1 
#1 ·
This is not my car, but notice how the steering rod is angled up on the steep angle? Is this normal?

Mine is in mock up stage and will look exactly like this with the parts I have. To me the angle looked to severe, so I purchased the "2 inch drop" version that Speedway sells, but it's going to take some work to get it to fit on my spindle. So before I go through all the trouble, can I use the same set up below? It just doesn't look correct to me.

See less See more
#2 ·
And to clarify the whole drag link thing, here you go. Some how bending it to be parallal is not going to do it. On the one on the top of my drawing (sorry about pathetic art work) labeled "Stock", if you were to make that drag link shaped like a letter Z it would still work, because the pivot points are level. The pivot point is all that matters. If they aren't level they are going to follow a different arc as the last drawing shows.

With this set up on that T I don't think it's a big deal being the suspension doesn't move that much, it doesn't have a whole lot of travel.

Let's see what others say, but I think that's about it.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.