Hot Rod Forum banner

Stewart vs Edelbrock Water Pump, Best of Both Worlds

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Deuce 
#1 · (Edited)
I currently have an Stewart Water Pump Stage 2, But was thinking about switching to a Edelbrock Hi Flow Pump. I like to put enter my car into Shows and was looking at the Edelbrock Endurashine Water Pump Hi Flow to compliment that I have the intake and valve covers.
The Stewart cools my SBC 400 to 180* and never get over 200*.
Have anyone done any comparison between the two? I would love to have the best of both worlds and understand that cannot be possible all the time. I was planning on sending Stewart Stage 2 it to Nitro-Plate and have it coated or buy a new Hi Flow Edelbrock Endurashine Water Pump.
I have a 1" tube Griffin radiator 31X19, electric fan and 180* thermostat.

#3 ·
carsavvycook said:
Go with your heart, what you really want. Get the Edlebrock!
Thats th problem its a double edge sword. I know what the Stewart has to offer from experience but if the Eddy can perform like the Stewart I would. That's where the nervousness plays a part.

#5 ·
DTL504 said:
I currently have an Stewart Water Pump Stage 2, But was thinking about switching to a Edelbrock Hi Flow Pump. I like to put enter my car into Shows and was looking at the Edelbrock Endurashine Water Pump Hi Flow to compliment that I have the intake and valve covers.
The Stewart cools my SBC 400 to 180* and never get over 200*.
Have anyone done any comparison between the two? I would love to have the best of both worlds and understand that cannot be possible all the time. I was planning on sending Stewart Stage 2 it to Nitro-Plate and have it coated or buy a new Hi Flow Edelbrock Endurashine Water Pump.
I have a 1" tube Griffin radiator 31X19, electric fan and 180* thermostat.
I've used both, once installed you don't see any functional difference.

Bogie

#6 ·
DTL504 said:
I currently have an Stewart Water Pump Stage 2, But was thinking about switching to a Edelbrock Hi Flow Pump.

I had a Stewart's on my 40 Ford ( with SBC ) and it started leaking. That's was OK because it was used when I got it for free from a buddy in Charlotte. It came from a Nascar cup team auction years ago. ;) I went and bought a new Edelbrock aluminum one ( in the photo ) and I saw no difference in the temperature ... ( 180 ) . My engine is not as large as yours ... but 40 Fords are well known as difficult to cool ... My SBC was being cooled by a reworked 40 Ford split core radiator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.