Hot Rod Forum banner

Sticky Tires

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  twinturbopickup 
#1 ·
I am going to the Track soon and I am asking for recommendations on street and strip tires that are street legal and track friendly. I don't want true slicks but something in between. The widest tire I can put in my 66 Chevelle is 9 to 10 inches.

#2 ·
sticky tires

As i dont know what gears you have and assuming you have a 15 inch rim I would suggest a 275/60r15 g/force t/a drag radial. 10 inches seems to small. My friend has a 67 chevelle and hes got 295/50r15 with no modifications. also the tires are pretty cheap at about 140 but will probably only last up to 10,000 miles if your lucky.Hope this helps.

#4 ·
sticky tires

Those tires are made by bf goodrich, but if you got 4.11's and 550 hp i would defenitley get as wide a tire as possible. try looking at some sportsman II's they sell them at jegs and summit, just to see the sizes, and go to a good tire shop. they should be able to order them for you and have them in a couple days and they'll pay for shipping :thumbup: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.