Is it still safe to wet sand my car? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
LOL, I seem to get every one of them at my shop...The less they pay the further down they go....
Back a few years ago we had a woman who came to pick up her Honda Odyssey and spent about an hour looking at it in the parking lot before she paid for it and left. I swear I am not making this up, she even used a magnifying glass! I am NOT making this up! I would talk across the lot to get a part or something and there she was with the doors open and she is looking in the jambs then I would see her and she was examining the paint on the door, then she would be running a window up and down, it was WILD.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 10:27 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I just did the same thing! I bought a conversion van from someone 6 hours away from me. I ran into every problem I could getting there and didn't end up there until late at night. Looked at the van under this dim light at some hick gas station in the pouring rain! It was a great night!. Looked at it and had seen that it was painted but couldn't tell how it really looked in those conditions! I got it home and looked at it the next day and it blew my mind how bad it really looked. I couldn't leave it like that and went online to learn how to wet sand. I tried it on a small spot and it looked way better after so I decided to keep going! I really know nothing about paint and could have run into serious problems but I did the rest of the van and it was well worth it (to me). I guess I got lucky but a unfinished paint job looks like crap! I wouldn't go and wet sand every car I buy but this one needed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.