stock 66 f100 intake/carb upgrade - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 02:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

stock 66 f100 intake/carb upgrade

Hey Guys, this is my first time on this site.I have realized the best info comes from someone elses success (and failure) when building cars or trucks, not someones "i think this might work".
Has anyone upgraded a stock 66 f100 352 2bbl to a 4bbl intake and carb and what type of difference did it make? the truck is 2wd.. Thanks in advance for the help!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

A intake and carb swap would give it a slight improvement as the aluminum runs cooler and the runners are of a better design. I would get the basic Edelbrock Performer intake and the carb of your choice.
If the engine has a good bit of miles on it, one of the best things you can do for it besides the intake and carb is replace the timing chain with a high quality double roller unit. Stock timing sets are usually shot by the time the engine has 50,000 miles on it. Is your goal better mileage or better power or both? If so there are several other upgrades you can do that will help both. A friend of mine used to have a old Ford F100 short wheel base fleetside, If I remember right it was a '68 model and it had a 352 and it ran great.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:14 PM

Double, the engine has 42k on it and runs very strong.If the timing chain is a weak link,then a changeover to double roller is great advice..From what I have researched, the edelbrock intake seems to be the best choice.Will prob go w/ edelbrock carb also..Thanks for the advice!

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.