Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Stock SBC pushrod length?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 06:03 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I built a 383 for my conversion van. It is a 96 Chevy Express 1500 with the Vortec engine. Summit said that stock pushrods for this engine are 7.195" long. I am using Edelbrock E-Tec aluminum heads and their site says thet I would require .100 longer pushrods with these heads (but they also say the pushrods are 7.800" long too). My engine uses a roller cam and lifters so I figure the pushrods are shorter due to this. I originally bought aluminum full roller rocker arms and with them I needed a much shorter pushrod-6.800" but once installed they were hitting the valve covers so I swapped to a set of steel rockers with a self aligning roller tip and now I am finding that I need a 7.200" pushrod. So I ordered them yesterday and I will hopefully have them by Monday. I just want to be done with this build! I have had soooo many issues while building (went through 2 blocks and 3 sets of heads), then I got the engine shoe horned into the Van and I then found I had more issues and went through (2 sets of lifters and 3 sets of rockers) So I would really love this to be done soon!