Stock TPI system on mild 383 - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 05:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well it is a fairly new thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 06:43 PM

Last photo:

hey DV8, why do you need a gas tank made?? the C4 corvettes have a circular sheet metal plate that contains fuel line. return line and sending unit that screws into the TOP of the tank. in tank fuel pump too. if you take the 4 screws that hold the gas door on it's right there!!! it doesn't have that silly ring thing to hold it in, it just uses screws and a gasket. why couldn't you just cut a hole in the top of your existing tank and adapt one of those???

rippenron, yeah, i know they are kind of new, i guess that "for years" part of my statement might have conveyed the wrong impression...
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Sloe Lurner

Last journal entry: front boxing plates
Last photo:

Fuel System

Drewnashty.. Ths past post brought up another part of your system. remember youll need a electric fuel made for fuel injection. I would imagine you can get a tank from a newer truck to work. you will need to plumb a return line back to the tank for the unused fuel from your fuel rails. As for me I'm moving my tank out of the cab to out back behind the rear axle. I cant wait for wamer weather, and the good ol tax refund check.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:38 PM
sitis nam accelero

Last photo:

I have to have a whole new TANK!?!? Wow, I thought that I just had put in a EFI in-line pump or something.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Sloe Lurner

Last photo:

Your Still right

You dont need a whole new tank if your tank now has a provision for a return line. There are in line fuel pumps that will supply the pressure and I'm not sure how well it works but Ive seen people just plumb thier return line into a "T" fitting prior to the fuel pump so it just recirculates back into the un pressurized system. Your blazer already has an exteranl tank. I just dont relish the idea of driving around with 20 gallons of fuel inside the cab. It's all worth it in the end. There are some rock crawler buggies here in Colorado that run TPI that are simpy amazing they dont have to worry about flooding a carb going up steeps or hard angles that might otherwise cause a carb to sputter. I like you avatar by the way I hope mine will look as good when I'm done.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:36 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewnashty
I have to have a whole new TANK!?!? Wow, I thought that I just had put in a EFI in-line pump or something.
you probably don't need a whole new tank. i don't remember what year truck you have but if has TBI the TBI pump puts out around 15 PSI. the tpi pump puts out around 50 PSI. just replace the TBI pump with a TPI pump. if you are going from carb to TPI you need a fuel line, return line and a TPI in tank pump (about $70 from napa) you can take your tank to a radiater shop and they will set you up.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Last photo:

darn DV8 you're fast you posted while i was typeing, i hate the one finger hunt and peck deal...

edit: i never noticed his avatar, it look like it must be a MAP--TPI system...

sorry, gotta go i have a vette and a honda i have to work on today.

Last edited by techron; 03-11-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:08 PM
sitis nam accelero

Last photo:

There is only one thing on my mind about the MAF setup, the sensor, would I have to make special brackets to hold the intake in place? I'm going to be off-roading in this thing and there's a good chance it might roll over once or twice, i'm turning it into a pre-runner, so this isn't a 1-2mph over a big rock kind of roll over either. It's gonna need to be pretty versatile, is this anything I should be worrying about with the MAF setup?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Sloe Lurner

Last photo:

No

I've seen people make some real nice intake seyups with exhaust tubing all youll need to do basically is plumb the MAF inline you will need to fab ub someplace to hard mount the intake setup on the front end and it mount to the throttle body on the other I believe you can clamp it together with the OEM bellows Type connectors.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.