Stock wheel on a newer tilt column? Article in Chevy Rumble? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 08:32 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Stock wheel on a newer tilt column? Article in Chevy Rumble?

I am trying to add an original 1959 steering wheel to my 59 pickup. It has a 80"s GMC tilt column with cc etc. I heard there was an article in a Chevy Rumble magazine about installing stock steering wheel on a tilt column.

Does anyone have that article and can it be scanned and e-mailed or, copied and sent to me? I would appreciate it a lot.

Your assisitance is appreciated!

Tom
rvrwood@hotmail.com

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Well over 25 views ... Hope you have gotten a answer. I believe that the splines are the same ... on a 59 to 80's GM van tilt column ... and would bolt right on ... I have a early 70's van column in my 32's and have used earlier GM wheels without spline issues. I have had to bend or reshape the turn signal lever and/or the shift level.

Here is a 1940 Ford wheel adapted to a 70's Chevy Van tilt column ... in my 32 3W coupe.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:58 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

No on the article..but outstanding photo!

Thanks for the reply. That article is one tough cookie to find.

Thanks for the interest. Splines do line up just fine. Now I need to figure out how to get the horn to work with the original horn button etc.

Would love to see the work you are doing on your rig. Outstanding from what I can see.

Tom

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.