stoker oil pan question - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

stoker oil pan question

i am putting a stoker kit a 350 4 bolt main....gen 1 and i need to know if i can use a stock oil pan or if i have to get a deeper one....some of the ones on summit said...("stroker oil pan clearance"....no) sooo thats what got me thinking that i may need a new oil pan..is this true??.....also....with this 383 what kind of carb should i put on their...people are telling me something over 700 with vac secondaries...what about dual 500's....or even something smaller in duals???? would duals give me more power or just flood my engine with gas???

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007, 02:21 PM

Last photo:

Your oil pan clearance depends alot on the stroker kit you put in your engine. I used a stock oil in my 383 build up. I also used a Holley hp seres 750 with manual secondaries. I have dart iron eagle platinum heads with 230cc runners also so my motor breathes a little. It all depends on you engine
Old 02-22-2007, 02:34 PM

Last photo:

You don't need a "stroker" oil pan, I've built 2 383's with stock pans....but also used stock rods, never hurts to check for clearences though when you get ready to button it up. The carb choice has been discussed numerous times here, just like camshaft choice. Like said previously it depends on several things...intended use and the overall parts combo of your engine. If its mainly a street driven veh. then I would stay with a 600-700 vac. sec. Holley or Edelbrock, don't leave out a GOOD rebuilt quadrajet either. I personally would'nt use a dual quad setup unless you just had to have the look, but if you do keep the carbs at 500 cfm or less. Good luck with your build and do a search for "engine break in oil", lots of good info there
Old 02-22-2007, 02:44 PM

are you sure??? ive been reading that some people have problems with pan clearance...and since i just have the block i wouldn't want to buy a stock oil pan and have it hit in places...
Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM

Last photo:

Like I said I used stock prepped rods with ARP rod bolts, did'nt have a problem. If you use cap screw type rods then you need to check clearences on your pan, block and cam. Its all part of building a stroker or any engine for that matter, "gotta check things." And you'll find that some guys just have to have that deep sump or kick out pan, looks racy!!!!

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.