Hot Rod Forum banner

stolen 32 coupe

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  WDCreech 
#1 ·
Chopped 32 five window coupe was stolen March 2001.
Was bought and then sold at a swap meet by David Matlock of Sherman Texas.
Was in rusty primer with slotted mags, no fenders, no floor and had Yellow doors.
This car was bought a long time ago as a project for when I retired- well, it was stolen three months before I retired.
Go Figure.
Please pass the word around for me-I am trapped in Georgia.
james rumage
478-329-8977 home/478-926-3558 work
Thank You
james.rumage@robins.af.mil
Also anything sold by my brother, Jeff Rumage, is stolen

#2 ·
phone number changes

my home phone is 478-953-3666
work 478-926-0095
I believe the car is now up north..possibly missouri.
Don't get caught up in this..tell me where it is, get your money back.
I will be sueing his father this spring and the ***** will hit the fan.
thanks
j rumage

also, update on my (former) brother...prison. Don't get caught up in this.

#7 · (Edited)
Yep...

All I can say is that I dreamed of owning this car for over a decade before I found it. It sat for another decade while I farted around on other cars. Then a friend offered to work on it while I was overseas, so I spent money on it that was probably needed elsewhere. My son saw it and we decided we would screw it together, together. And then it was stolen.
My wife says to stop pouring salt in an old wound but there are so many of my dreams in that car, I will probably never let go.
I can't even watch American Grafitti anymore... Damn.
I know that someone has seen this car and I pray that they will see this ad and do the right thing.
Thanks again for keeping this posted.
here are my current phone numbers: home 478-953-3666
work 478-926-3558
cell 478-491-1180

#13 ·
This may be kind of a stupid question but I'm not all that familiar with cars this old. Did the car have any sort of registration or vin # that would be needed if it was sold or purchased? I'm a police officer and work closely with the National Insurance Crime Bureau, or NICB. If the car was sold, registered or auctioned there will be a record of it. PM me with any info you have and I'll see what I can find, if anything.

#15 ·
Joe,
Do you have any other pictures of it, like when it was worked on, or any identifying marks or serial numbers? I have friends in KS. and MO. that are into cars, so I can have them keep an eye out. I know its been over seven years, but there's always a chance!

Bill

#17 ·
He also sent me this: >>>>,If he wants to fly in & rent a car ,,I'll direct him to the Deuce Coupe,,
Funny ,,the guy had a bronze colored chopped deuce coupe ,,so when this yellow thing showed up in his yard about 5 years ago ,,I thought he'd just repainted it ,,but ,,now I see the bronze colored one sittin' out back ,,so now he's got TWO ,!!
this guy was a surveyor for a power company ,,he got his survey pole caught in a hi-power line ,,,it blew his hands off,,now he has hooks fer hands ,,the power co. pays him $80K a year ,,tax free ,,fer life ,,so he buys anything ,,and everything anybody drags into his yard ,,fer cash/cash ,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.