Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Store made spray paint
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw550 View Post
I wouldnt necessarly consider myself a "cheapass".
It is our fouth car and as I mentioned in the first post, it is a summer toy.
I have the tools (although my paint gun is from HF) and a little experience but i know my limitations. Fading in silver is more than likely beyond my expertise.

If i could get a paint match out if a can it would remove a lot of variables. Thats what i was questioning.

We still have room in the budget to have it repaired but i was hoping to have it done for $500 to $1000.
I was hoping you didnt take it that way ,it wasnt directed at you or anyone else for that matter but I did hit the quote button and was trying to address a few questions by you and a few other people without hitting the qoute button for every every ones question...plus address a bunch of people form the past at the same time were that way so they knew we're not here for those kinds ...
Rule # 2....the cost ..
..If your doing this because you love that dang car NEVER include ANY of the hours of labor it takes in the total cost of completion....and whatever you figure the parts and materials will be......triple it .you'll be pretty close (if you do your homework)..AND...have a secret hotrod accont your wife dosent know about .and when your she asks how much you spent on that part that came UPS deduct 2/3's and be prepared for the fallout....
If its her car and shes all in dont worry about it but women like that and ones that actually help are an urban legon as far as I know...
Secret Hotrod account ,thats the ticket...

Last edited by deadbodyman; 07-11-2012 at 09:18 PM.