storm in CAROLINA - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 12:45 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

storm in CAROLINA

I am just glad and thank the good LORD I can set here and post any thing as the tornado that has been on the national news came through about 2:45 last SATURDAY. That bad boy passed about 1/2 mile at most just south of my shop. I an't sure just how far south of me it did come I just know I HAD PLENTY of wind/rain. It did't last long but did a job on my buddy's farm and most every thing for about 10 miles. That was before it went on up to RALEIGH.The LOW'S had a round a 100 people in it and no body hurt bad. It was waded up and flatten like a bomb exploded. It gives me a lot more understanding of what the people in tornado alley get. For members that pray say a word for us down here as some lost all. Two lost there life. This in in it's self was a miracle.Later

OLDROD

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 01:45 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Prayers are going up for Y'all - - - I've been involved with a couple of tornadoes that were spawned from Hurricanes and the power and destruction is unbelievable - - - we suffered lost of property and damage but never any lives, praise the Lord - - - - - may God be with you all !
Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Praying for you all right now.
I got in the one that went through Nashville about 10 -11 yrs ago went right through the old part down on Broadway ripped out those old buildings done alot of damage down and around Nashville. I had just left went to Ky. And was on my way back to Nashville when everyone was leaving so i turned around a got right in the middled of that thing totaled my old pickup hail as big as golf balls. Those thing's i hope nobody ever has to go through one of those.
Well thats enough of me rambling on, Now Praying for you guy's down there.

Cole

Last edited by eloc431962; 04-23-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet
Prayers are going up for Y'all - - - I've been involved with a couple of tornadoes that were spawned from Hurricanes and the power and destruction is unbelievable - - - we suffered lost of property and damage but never any lives, praise the Lord - - - - - may God be with you all !

Thanks man I think we lost 24 people in all. That is state wide. I set at school back in the med 50's and watch Hurricane Hazel pass through here and it was still a class 4 this far inland. We did't know what a Hurricane was and was about to leave when we got stopped. It blew the north wall of the new school we were at in. You better believe that got our attrition.again thank for all prays. Oh this tornado was a F 3 they said 160 mph winds.

OLDROD
Old 04-23-2011, 06:58 PM
It's shady under this tree...

Last photo:

It was a nasty storm too. That tornado sent a hail storm into Wake Forest where I work, so now my daily driver looks like the roof was made with a flattened out golf ball. The tornado in Wilson came within four blocks of one of my coworker's house.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el pollo
It was a nasty storm too. That tornado sent a hail storm into Wake Forest where I work, so now my daily driver looks like the roof was made with a flattened out golf ball. The tornado in Wilson came within four blocks of one of my coworker's house.

I know what you mean I almost drove my 37 down to BROADWAY to there deal to show it. Boy am I glad it was messy that morning. I hope all is well up your way. I am sure you have seen the clips on you tube of the LOW'S that's all WRAL keep running but that thing started on one side of LEE COUNTY and went across the county. As you probably know we are a small county.It started around PLANK RD. tore up a few houses then came on over my way on US 1 then jumped over to the THOMAS farm and wiped poor STEVE out . I did a little more looking this afternoon and found trees tore up just behind my shop I guess I got luckier then I first thought. It exited the county around the LEE/CHATHAM line then went up your way. I got some hail but it passed real quick. I guess my MUSTANG fared alright did't have any glass broke don't know about dents I an't looked. I AN'T NEVER SEEN ANY THING like it in SANFORD in my life. There is several clips on you tube of some of the other places that got wiped out.

OLDROD
Old 04-24-2011, 06:43 AM
It's shady under this tree...

Last photo:

Wake Forest just got the hail. I came home and my wife was surprised because Nothing but light rain and wind hit Vance County. But that's how it usually is. Northern Franklin and Vance hardly get any severe storms in the summer, but we get more than our share of snow in the winter.

Sorry about your friend Steve's situation. That storm was insane. I'm glad that it didn't take more lives than it did.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.