Strange post in "unanswered posts" - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2004, 12:01 AM

Last journal entry: Slow progress
Wiki Edits: 0

Strange post in "unanswered posts"

I'm not sure whats up but I think I smell something funny about a few of these.

This guy posted this"
Quote:
Originally posted by edge
When monitoring the engine temperature in my 94' Suburban with an Auto-X-Ray scanner, I discovered that the stock dash temperature gauge is not so accurate. Even though it is in the "normal" range, I decided to install a Summit digital gauge for some piece of mind. The gauge seems to be pretty accurate, until I start reducing voltage in the system. For instance, when I turn on the lights, it goes up 2*. Turn the AC on, another 1-2*. Turn the blower fan on high, add another 4*. With the lights on and AC at full power, the gauge is 10* or so too high.

Any ideas on how I can maintain the gauge accuracy regardless of system voltage drop? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed. w ww.edgesz28.co m
I don't think the web address was there when I posted a reply, but I could have missed it. (I added the spaces)

This is the guys car.
I saved it and posted it from my site because he appears to have blocked linking it from hotrodders.

And this is what it says on his front page:

Quote:
Visit the best online source for Drag Racing & Automotive Resources at ww w.prestage.co m. I encourage you to check out this site for any automotive question. Use the search feature first. Chances are you will find a beneficial answer(s) to any question that you may have. If not, join and post a message. You will be impressed with the knowledge of the many regular members.
What do YOU think? Seems kind of sneaky to me.
And whats the policy on this?

Advertisement

Last edited by meanroy; 07-27-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2004, 12:25 AM
BRB carring

Last photo:

what? for including his web site at the end of his posts?
1992 Dodge Shadow
1986 S-10 Blazer 4x4 Hot Rod
1970 Chevelle
1966 Chevelle 4 door
Home Made Go Cart
-----------------------------------------
Old 07-27-2004, 12:48 AM

Oh hell no.

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Chevy
what? for including his web site at the end of his posts?
No that isn't the point at all. I don't know whether there's anything wrong here at all.
But his site wouldn't let me link directly to his car pic from hotrodders.com, unless I messed up somehow and I tried several times..

But it seems strange to me that a guy from a site that professes
Quote:
You will be impressed with the knowledge of the many regular members.
doesn't know about a voltage regulator.

Seemed to me like maybe he was just trolling for new members, but hey I don't know.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:54 AM

Last photo:

It's not his site. Mark Towslee owns prestage.com and operates it by himself. He doesn't encourage sneaky things like that to increase the membership. He's just a drag racer that knows confuser language.

The majority of the discussion there is centered around drag racing, building drag cars and learning how to beat the guy in the next lane. It's not nearly as broad as this site. He doesn't have the time or the resources to maintain a site like this. No hotlinking to pics on the site because the bandwidth charges would go up and he wouldn't be able to pay.I've been a member there for about two years and we have never had any kind of membership drive or anything like that.

I've seen this fella(edgesZ28) post there a few times but he's not affiliated with the sites owner. He's referring to regulars that answer his questions. There are a number of experienced drag racers and pro engine builders that post there, just not as many as here. He probably posted here because most of the guys there are not online as much as the fellas here are. Maybe searching for a quick answer, I don't know.

If anybody ever has any questions about member misconduct just e-mail Mark and he'll take care of whatever he needs to do on his end.

Larry
Old 07-27-2004, 09:10 AM

Cool

Thanks coldknock, that clears that up. I guess I was being a little paranoid. I answered his question anyway, hope it helps.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:36 AM

Last photo:

Gotta lotta love, mean-arse-roy.

Roy, I checked out the pics of your car. I didn't realize the damage was that bad. Good luck man.

P.S.,
A carton of Newports or a sack of Oreo cookies at the county lockup would get them a well deserved whoopin' they've not received in your name yet.

Larry
Old 07-27-2004, 10:40 AM

Yeah

It's REALLY bad. I haven't been following up on whats happening with them.

I just want the car back on the road! Going to take a long time.

did you check out the link to my re-build list? I really ought to set up the page to allow comments I guess.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:28 PM

Last photo:

Yeah,

I wish I could scope out a few things for you but unfortunately a place called Melvins Classic Fords has swiped all the good stuff in my area and keeps under lock and key. They think it's all made of gold too. After reading all that stuff I feel bad for whining about my engine blowing, at least I got to do my own damage.

Larry

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.