Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Strange thing happening with my clear "solvent pop"/"fish eyes" ?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Switching to Med. temp red. will help but can give you the same problem all though no where near that bad.
Getting the metal temp up is crucial during this time of year.

That Purple/Flame hood I repaired pulled this on me with the first coat of clear,not as bad as your's but still sad using Med. red.,which I blamed on trash in the clear,there was some fine specks of dust in the cup floating around.I dumped the clear back into a clean cup and installed that little filter which goes between the cup and fluid body back into the gun,restrained clear and layed the second coat which layed fine.
Point being, The hood was still probly 55 or so at the first coat.Beings it was a 'glass hood and the heat running the whole time of the gun rework it had got up to a "shootable" temp and thus the real reason the second coat layed down I'm guessing.

The subsquent jr. dragster I shot was done around the same temp BUT, was kept in the shop at 60 and set to 70 in the morning and shot after lunch.
I had no problems what so ever laying the clear.