Strange thought about interiors. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 02:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Strange thought about interiors.

As a rule, as soon as I begin speak about car visual modifications, the talk come to an end. But this time I’ll not speak about them.
I get an idea (already funny, yea ). Listen to me, if attempt to build road race car from old Caddy (Not necessarily ’59), what is possible to make with interior, that keep at stripping Cadillac’s luxury?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Do the right thing...

Leather and caddys

You can use five point harness regulation racing seats and have them covered with leather. That would look nice. I would use the stock interior if it's in good shape. Caddy's were made for luxury. Just add all of the required safety equipment, but match or contrast the colors of those items as well.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:20 PM
stuff'n things'n whatnot

Last photo:

Tearing out all the insulation will shed some weight and will not change the way it looks
Old 05-20-2005, 03:40 PM

Last photo:

seats and gauges

What with seats? I meant, race seats is necessary or possible make something with stock?
Any ideas about dash and gauges? Where is best place for necessary gauges, which Caddy doesn’t have?

Last edited by Nightrider; 05-20-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Do the right thing...

Well you said race car, so I figured you would swap out the stock seats for regulation seats!? My bad.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Ask me, Cause I don't know

Last journal entry: Kid Dean Car
Last photo:

Replace the Dash with a lite weight fiberglass or aluminum, door panels etc. Get someone or yourself to do some airbrushing or pinstriping. Use some Lizzard Skin lite weight cermic insulation. You can only make it so lite, but go with sonething like a chevy 572 or a big 500 caddy with the hp stuff on it with a 5spd or od auto tranny.

Make it look like on of those Mexican 500 Race cars.

Old 05-21-2005, 01:06 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaG
Replace the Dash with a lite weight fiberglass or aluminum, door panels etc. Get someone or yourself to do some airbrushing or pinstriping. Use some Lizzard Skin lite weight cermic insulation. You can only make it so lite, but go with sonething like a chevy 572 or a big 500 caddy with the hp stuff on it with a 5spd or od auto tranny.

Make it look like on of those Mexican 500 Race cars.

I’m pretty long time run on ‘Net with this idea, at last has come running here, and tech side of car is pretty clarified, but it’s ext/int still not. I’m post thread about “how accelerate late ’50 car to much MPH”, and found out, that it needed some aerodynamically upgrades, which can (in my opinion) make car appearance more awesome…any other? I also thought about wild paint scheme …
Old 05-21-2005, 01:15 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoII88
Well you said race car, so I figured you would swap out the stock seats for regulation seats!? My bad.
Mmm, I meant, maybe, possible to redone stock seats to make they more suitable...

Well, not absolutely racecar. More on less usuable for daily driving on roads... Road Warrior, in other words. Inspiration of my creative came from Mad Max movies...

Last edited by Nightrider; 05-21-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider
Mmm, I meant, maybe, possible to redone stock seats to make they more suitable...

Well, not absolutely racecar. More on less usuable for daily driving on roads... Road Warrior, in other words. Inspiration of my creative came from Mad Max movies...

If you were to redo the stock seat to make them suitable for racing requirements, then they wouldn't even be close to the original look. On a Caddy like that, I would prefer to just restore it and have it with the classic look. But I think it would look pretty cool if it were to be customized. As long as it all matches and flows.
Another Idea that I just had, Maybe you could get the racing seats, and reupholster them to match the interior, along with painting the roll cage to match and the harness could be colored matched along with it all.
Just my thoughts on it.

Brad
Old 05-22-2005, 10:11 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakBordr7387
If you were to redo the stock seat to make them suitable for racing requirements, then they wouldn't even be close to the original look. On a Caddy like that, I would prefer to just restore it and have it with the classic look. But I think it would look pretty cool if it were to be customized. As long as it all matches and flows.
Another Idea that I just had, Maybe you could get the racing seats, and reupholster them to match the interior, along with painting the roll cage to match and the harness could be colored matched along with it all.
Just my thoughts on it.

Brad
Well, though majority is not always right, with these thoughts I’ll agree. As to keep luxury appears has achievable. It’s fine.
Although strange, I can invent, how make car look very ugly, (http://hotrodders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=457669 , reply “real monster”), but create thing of beauty appearance…much more difficultly.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:09 PM

Last photo:

I got it! All, what I needed - in paint scheme! Paint scheme, mmmm. And I knew it ealier, but didn't trust myself. Idiot.
These thing can give required appearance without "handicraft restyling". With louvered hood, covered headlights, air dam and bumpers with end caps and closed off openigs...would be looks owerwhelming. Question in that, how create this scheme...
Old 05-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Maybe you could get a program called Adobe Photoshop. With you could download a picture of the car you want, and then change it up on your computer to make it look how you want. With that you can see what your idea looks like before you spend alot of money trying to make the car look right out in the garage.

Brad
Old 05-22-2005, 01:11 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakBordr7387
Maybe you could get a program called Adobe Photoshop. With you could download a picture of the car you want, and then change it up on your computer to make it look how you want. With that you can see what your idea looks like before you spend alot of money trying to make the car look right out in the garage.
Brad
I know Photoshop, I have Photoshop, and I even use it (for "repainting" blondies in gingers, joke).

Main problem that I don't have inspiration. As "paint scheme" I meant not only racing stripes, but something art...
Old 05-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

In my humble opinion....

the full race Caddy is a bad idea. Now a custom or cruiser would be a good idea. Your talking about racing a brick with wheels...go custom on it!! Just my opinion of course!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm454
the full race Caddy is a bad idea. Now a custom or cruiser would be a good idea. Your talking about racing a brick with wheels...go custom on it!! Just my opinion of course!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Did you mean FULL race Caddy, with absolutely stripped interior and other, absolutely undrivable like normal car? Yes, it’s bad idea. Caddy must be Caddy always. As I said, I meant high-performance car, which can use on any roads, tracks, (maybe on streets, but personally I would not do it...).

She’s meanness put to music…oops, I’ll not quote further - key word is all the same blacked.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.