Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions.
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wish those video's were around when I was building my 34 Coupe started back in 1992 but of course there was nothing like that available at the time so I had to rely on the manual Classic Motor Carriages supplied and my own knowledge gained over the years working on my different cars that I owned since the late 60's. The cheap way out is doing most of your finding of parts through the junkyard if you are looking for a rear,trans,engine and some other parts. Problem today is you may not find some of the parts you need and will have to buy new from some of the Street Rod Shops around. It could be a costly project when you add everything all up during your build. Ask around and see how much money others have put into their Street Rods and you will be amazed at how much was spent. I probably already mentioned somewhere on this forum that I purchased a front clip from a Mustang II back in '92 and used the factory stamped upper and lower control arms from it and rebuilt them with new ball joints and bushings. Most people building today and for years have been buying the Tubular ones from Street Rod Shops brand new. They can be expensive and add to your cost but they do look good. I also as mentioned used the power booster and master cylinder out of the '89 Mustang LX and the Rear End from it. I bartered a 350 Turbo Trans from a Transmission Repair Shop that I sell parts to being in the auto parts business and purchased my seats from someone else with another '89 Mustang LX. Most everything else that I can think of I purchased brand new such as my ZZ4 Series Engine but even found that pretty cheap still sitting in the crate that someone else did not use for a project at only $2100 back then. Actually it is the first of the ZZ4 series stamped ZZZ built in '89.