Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:00 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy
If you happen to access those rear shock numbers, that would be great! Are you happy with the ride you get with the Gabriels? Wish I had a damn lift! It would make things so much easier on this old body!
I felt the same way as I didn't have a lift right away when building my car back in '92 but put one in soon after in '93. Glad I still have it today being I am 60 years old now and can't imagine what it would be like to not have that lift today as I use to do a lot of crawling underneath plenty of cars back in the day. The ride is not bad but as I mentioned early on because the Fenders should of been a little wider from the factory using a Mustang Rear with 2 heavy people in the car I had some rub issues with the tires so I installed air bags in the stock '89 LX Rear Springs for if and when I needed them. I am 250 pounds and don't have any problem by my self but put someone else in the car with that kind of weight I then have a problem and rely on the air bags. Ride is not too bad otherwise. Got a good road to drive on, no problem.