Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions.
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE=Centerline]I don't think it matters one way or the other as long as you bill a replica as what it is.... a replica. Be it steel, fiberglass or papermache. My Deuce is a glass car and if someone asks that's about the first thing I tell them. When it comes right down to it, the only place it would make any difference is in a judged show where there was a distinction made between stock and modified. Anyone who would try to pass off a glass car as a "stock" vehicle (unless it's a Corvette or some other stock glass bodied car) should be booted from the show anyway. In non judged shows it doesn't matter. The NSRA (may they rest in piece) makes no distinction between steel or glass... but it does pay to be honest, so if its a reproduction or replica then the owner should say so if asked.

Centerline
[I]
I cannot imagine someone trying to pass a fiberglass as a metal in a judged show.. pretty hard to pass that one off! I agree that in any show, you present it as it is. I guess I'll just continue to represent mine as a '34 replica and leave it at that.
Thanks
Bart in FL