Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions.
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 02:13 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Streetbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason0779
Hey thanks alot for the quick response. We are planning on priming this weekend and still trying to decide if we want to cut the fenders off and replace them, or how we are going to work this out. My dad is good with fiberglass but we'll find out how good. When you put your new fenders on did you glass them to the body of leave them seperate? I pulled the rear end out yesterday and i'm pretty sure its a Ford 8.8, however having the 5x4-3/4 axles it confused me. I looked into it a little more and it comes out to 5x120.7 mm which seems to have been standard in older camaros. I found this casting number on it E4DW 8A and a Ford stamp. I'm going to post a few pictures if I can figure it out. I only have a few but the first one is what the car looked like when we first got it a few months ago (not sure why the mini 14 is posing with the car). Theres one of our motor, I know I know, SBC.. But thats what we had here. 383 with 10.5 to 1 pistons, L98 Aluminum Heads and a good size Comp Roller cam, Scat rods, Sanderson headers. Oh and three 2's that just came in today to finish the motor ( Need to be painted). Also a pic of the rear end and the car a few days ago before I pulled the motor out.
Thanks again for any help,
Jason
As far as the bashing goes it's more about the company, than the car, they screwed a lot of people.

When I put my fenders back on I glassed them. Now you have to know what you are doing so that when you cut the old fender off the car you leave enough to glass too. When you take the new fender you have to cut the amount off of that fender that you lift on the car. A spot you have to check is were the fender meets the running board, you don't want one wider than the other.

These cars were setup to take a Ford rearend, Like I said I put a jag in mine, so I cut everything that was there out. and put a new crossmember in to hold the jag.

That video that gearhead posted is ok, but I can tell you some better things to do. That guy is a builder and want's to get it done as fast as he can, time is money. Everyone has things they can do to make a build easier.

Pm me I will give you my phone # and we can talk about somethings you might want to do. Also if you can get down and take a straight on picture of your front fenders, I should be able to tell if yours are the same as mine were.

Oh I have a CMC body also, it is different than the streetbeast body a little mostly in the firewall.

Bob