Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Jason0779

Wiki Edits: 0

strait axle

Hey all,

I'm not sure if yal remember but I had brought up in the past that I thought one of my front wheels looked like it was tucked in more then the other (especially towards the back of the front wheel where the hump starts going down to the running board). I was positive it was because one fender was wider than the other however I was wrong. It turns out the cross member was welded in crocked by the previous owner(therefore pulling the back of the drivers side front wheel in more and pushing the back of the passenger front wheel out{giving it that look}). How this happend i'm not sure. I've decided I want to put a strait axle in the car. My question is I have two options. Cut all the welds and grind and grind and eventually get the mustang 2 front end out. OR make two simple cuts right behind the mustang two crossmber, pull the whole front end off and then weld in two frame rail extensions and start the process from there. My questions is does anyone know where to buy frame sections that I could weld on to my current frame. Would frame horns be suffecient for this job?? Any ideas, anyone? THANKS!!